1/14/2010

Making Japanese Sweets

I feel this year is colder than last year....
Every day, it's really hard to wake up and get out from my bed..........


Yesterday, Mountains in Kyoto was covered by snow.
I wonder if I could see Golden Temple(Kinkaku-ji)!!

It must have been beautiful..



By the way, have you ever eaten a Japanese sweet??

It's totally different from other country's..

Common ingredients for Japanese sweets are rice flour, azuki (red beans), and sugar.

Butter and milk are rarely used in that cooking, so Japanese sweets tends to be lower in fat than other swets such as cake.


Japanese sweets can be very sweet, so it goes well with strong green tea!!



In Kyoto, we can enjoy making it in some places!!




first wad up ingredient of the Japanese sweet


arrange its shape whatever we want


This time, I made its shape like a flower




It's not really difficult and it was first time to cook Japanese sweets









No comments:

Post a Comment